At Sapphire Dentistry, our staff loves working with kids and we strongly believe that a visit to the dentist should be a positive and enjoyable experience. Most of the staff here, being parents themselves, are experienced in teaching and relating to children about the importance of their teeth.
It is important to bring your children to the dentist as early as possible. This is to prevent and protect your child from tooth decay, ensure that their teeth develop correctly, and help them build a rapport with the dentist and become comfortable in the dental environment. This also helps to ensure that your child develops a positive lifelong dental experience as well as provide the beginnings of your child’s dental health history.
Educating parents on children’s dentistry
Bringing your child to the dentist is especially important for parents with a newborn. We will take the time to show you exactly how to keep your child’s oral health at its best. We know that there is a long list of things that a new mother or parent needs to know when it comes to your child’s oral health.
- Review your child’s oral health history
- Perform a comprehensive oral health care exam for your infant or child
- Evaluate the risk of your infant or child developing tooth decay
- Clean your infant or child’s teeth
We can also provide consultation on how to care for your infant or child’s teeth, review your feeding practices, and discuss baby teething, pacifier use, and oral habits.
Our clinic also provides the following pediatric treatments:
- Checkup & X-rays (if necessary)
- Preventative Treatments (Cleans, Fluoride)
- Fissure Sealants
- White Fillings
- Early intervention orthodontics including orthodontic plates/orthopedic development (to reduce the possibility of braces)
- Extractions & Space Maintainers (where required)
- Pulpotomy/Root Canal (for preservation of teeth)
- General anesthetic treatment for complex and overly anxious children
At Sapphire Dentistry, if you are enrolled in the Medicare’s Child Dental Benefits Scheme (CD BS) we are offering free dental for your child. We can do this because we bulk bill the services, so there are no additional fees or expenses. CDBS allows for $1000 per child to be used for basic dental services over two consecutive calendar years. To be eligible for CDBS your child must be eligible for Medicare and between the ages of 2 and 17 on any day of the calendar year. Your child, your family, or a parent or guardian must also receive the Family Tax Benefit Part A for at least part of the calendar year.
The following services are covered under the CDBS:
- Examinations and x-rays
- Scale, clean and prophylaxis
- Fissure sealants
- Fluoride treatments
- Root canals
At Sapphire Dentistry, treatment for children under three years of age are free (Gap Free if health fund, bulk bill if CDBS, no cost if no health fund).